Friday, July 6, 2012

Easy BBQ Pork Sandwiches

Earlier this week I made one of my family's favorite meals- BBQ Pork Sandwiches.
Here is the recipe:

A 4-5 pound Pork Shoulder cut into about 4 thick slices
1 Med Sweet Onion, cut in half and cut into 1/4" slices
1 Cup of Apple Juice (I used a box of Juicy Juice because that's what I had)
2 TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar (I use Braggs)
One bottle of Your Favorite Brand of BBQ Sauce (I tend to use whatever is on sale-Winco had Kraft for 88 cents)

Take 1/2 of the onion slices and lay them in the bottom of the crockpot/slowcooker.
Place the pork shoulder slices in a single layer on top of the onions.
Top with the remaining onion slices.
Combine the Apple Juice with the Apple Cider Vinegar and pour over the Pork and Onions.



Cover and cook on high for about 6 hours or until tender enough to shred.
Remove the pork from the crockpot then remove the remaining juices and set aside, shred the pork with 2 forks, return to the crockpot and add your BBQ sauce. If needed you can further moisten the pork with the reserved juices.



Serve on buns with your favorite accompaniment, I love to top them with homemade coleslaw.


No comments:

Post a Comment